This scrumptious handmade Crock-Pot applesauce recipe is only a few substances!
The 1st time I produced this fantastic homemade applesauce, I believed it would be a very long, laborious procedure involving smashing 25 apples by hand or anything like that. I was OH so improper.
My good friend Cristina shared this quick Crock-Pot recipe with me a long time in the past. When I asked how she built it, she was all, “Oh I just toss the apples in a pot with some cinnamon, it’s thoroughly simple” and my brain was BLOWN.
I experienced no notion! So I did a very little investigate and found she was totally appropriate. (Not that I didn’t believe her of system.) You can make it even less difficult than I did — look at out some of my tips later in the submit.
Here’s the recipe I use in my Crock-Pot – I toss it all in and appear dwelling to applesauce.
A few ingredient do-it-yourself crockpot applesauce
Ten to 12 apples — peeled*, sliced, cored
1/2 cup sugar*
This write-up could contain affiliate back links for your convenience.
The initially stage is the only one that requires time – peeling, coring and chopping up the apples.
This 1 is known as the Peelota. Ha! I don’t believe they’re created any more, but this apple peeler is beautiful and will maintain up even greater than my plastic one particular.
It helps make rapid work of acquiring the apples cored and peeled.
You do NOT have to peel apples for applesauce! It will turn out just as delectable with peels intact.
I just cut the apples in 50 % from the prime. If you really don’t have a peeler, you’ll want to slice them up or lower into substantial chunks.
What apples are best for applesauce?
Almost any apple is high-quality! It depends on your preference — sweet or tart?
- If you like tart apples go with a Granny Smith.
- I desire sweeter sauce so normally go with an apple like Jonathan, Fuji, Gala or Honeycrisp.
- Softer apples will cook dinner up a lot quicker — versions like Golden Delightful, McIntosh and Fuji will make the procedure go more rapidly.
- Combine two or 3 kinds in do-it-yourself applesauce for fantastic flavor!
Red Delicious apples do not heat well and will not turn out as properly in applesauce.
I insert a few dashes of nutmeg too — YUM!
The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar, but I locate you can use significantly less and it is just as delicious. You could not even want to incorporate it — taste test the applesauce a few hours in to see if you want to include some sweetness.
No have to have to stir even though cooking — just pile them in, set the lid on and set the Crock-Pot to prepare dinner on higher for four hrs.
We like it chunky (identify that movie) so I get in touch with it completed immediately after about 4 several hours. Observe yours to see when to acquire it off of the warmth:
It is particularly tasty warm right out of the slow cooker. It is really like a dessert truly — have you ever heated up your applesauce?
Variations on this selfmade applesauce recipe:
- Insert much more spices to give it a little bit of a kick — clove, allspice and my nutmeg addition are all fantastic.
- If it truly is too watery for your taste, pressure the juice and retain for apple cider. (Add brown sugar, cook dinner for a couple a lot more hours and then strain.)
- Make this recipe a great deal speedier with a tension cooker!
- If your young ones like to “dip” their food items, consider it with cinnamon graham crackers.
And not far too terrible for you both!
What to do with excess applesauce:
- If you permit it continue to keep cooking and insert brown sugar, you may close up with apple butter!
- Try to eat with vanilla ice product for a delectable dessert. 😋
- Pile on warm crepes or waffles.
- Use it to make donuts or apple bread (replace the pumpkin in this recipe with applesauce).
- Jar the applesauce for lovely slide or holiday break items.
- Use it instead of apple slices in my remarkable Mountain Dew apple dumplings!:
There you go – have I blown your brain? Or all you all, duh Sarah…it’s absolutely quick.
I truly had no plan. Now go get some apples and prepare dinner it up! You will thank me. 🙂