First up – this truly scrumptious slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe:
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 onion diced (I used half of one)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits (add more if you want!)
- Put the chicken, butter, cream of chicken, chicken broth, parsley and onions in the crock pot and cook on high for four to six hours. Mine only needed about five.
- As the chicken cooks and gets tender, break it up with a spoon or fork.
- Get your biscuits and cut them into nine pieces. I kind of rolled them into balls to ensure they stayed whole but it’s not necessary. Stir into chicken mixture and cook for another 30 minutes to hour. (Watch to see how they are “baking” in the soup. Mine are usually done around 30 minutes.)
If your soup is a bit thick, add chicken broth or chicken soup to your liking.
Crock Pot Easy Mac and Cheese
4 cups finely shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Very important before you do anything – spray the crock pot well with cooking spray. Or you can use these slow cooker bags that are safe for high heat. Clean up is a breeze!
- Mix the egg, fresh milk, evaporated milk, and Worcestershire together in a large bowl. Mix in the uncooked macaroni and three cups of shredded cheese. Pour into the crock pot and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook on low for four to five hours — check around four because that’s when mine is about ready. Do not stir or remove lid while cooking.
That whole not stirring thing was so hard for me. I always feel the need to stir. 🙂
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Ohhh…I’m drooling just thinking about it. SO. GOOD.
2 cups water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package of Rice-a-Roni long grain and wild rice
1/2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups half and half
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup diced celery
- Mix the broth, water, carrots, celery, mushrooms, chicken and rice and the rice seasoning packet in the slow cooker
- Cook on low for six to eight hours or on high for four hours. I did the high version and it turned out great.
- Once chicken gets tender (couple hours in), break it up into pieces with a fork while cooking.
At the end of the cooking time, get a small bowl and mix the salt, pepper and flour.
A roux is a mixture used as thickener for stews, soups and gravy.
While still on low heat, finish the roux by whisking in the half and half a little at a time until completely smooth:
Stir this yummy mixture into the soup in the crock pot then let it cook on low for 15 more minutes.
You can’t go wrong with any of these favorite slow cooker comfort foods.
Here’s a helpful pinnable image for you to save these recipes for later: